The event, jointly organised by the SUCRE, OCEAN & ClouT projects , took place at the European Commission premises in Brussels on May 16th. The meeting was successfully attended by about 35 key cloud experts from both Japan and Europe. Presentations and discussions concretely contributed to the EU-Japan dialogue on open and interoperable Clouds.
The workshop also facilitated and fostered the knowledge exchange between these two regions, compared success stories and paved the way to future cooperation opportunities between academia and Industry and between industrial players and policy makers from EU and Japan.
The event was enriched by a presentation about the achievements of the SUCRE EU-JAPAN experts group. Specifically, the findings of the aforementioned expert group on interoperability and collaboration opportunities between EU and JAPAN clouds were explored and discussions revolving around ways to overcome the current challenges and achieve those goals were further exploited. Overall, the workshop fostered and reinforced the ongoing dialogue between cloud stakeholders in both regions.
Have a look at the presentations:
- Eleni Toli, SUCRE & Yuri Glikman, OCEAN – Introduction and overview of the workshop SUCRE & OCEAN
- Keynote 1: Prof. Tomonori Aoyama vice chair of JCC and the chair of GCITF, Japan
- Keynote 2: Vangelis Floros GRNET, SUCRE Cloud Experts Group, Greece
- Prof. Hideyuki Tokuda & Levent Gurgen – ClouT project : Cloud of Things for empowering the citizen clout in smart cities
- Philippe Cousin, Easy Global Market, France – IoT European research cluster (IERC) & Smart Action project
- Andrea Manieri, Engineering Ingegneria Informatica, Italy – Clouds & IoT
- Bartosz Belter , PSNC, Poland – FELIX project
- Keynote 3: Toshiyasu Ichioka EU-JAPAN Centre for Industrial Cooperation, Japan
- Jan Colpaert, Fedict, Belgium – CloudforEurope project
- Vladimir Bataev, EsperantoXL, The Netherlands – MobiCloud project
- Bernd Becker, EuroCloud Europe – EuroCloud Europe